Pentagon City station
|Location||1250 South Hayes Street, Arlington, Virginia|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| Arlington Transit: 42, 74, 84, 87|
Metrobus: 7A, 7F, 10A, 10N, 16E, 16G, 16H, 22A
|Bicycle facilities||8 racks, 22 lockers|
|Opened||July 1, 1977|
|2016||13,070 daily |
In February 2021, the Arlington County Board awarded a $6.5 million construction contract to add a second surface elevator to the station, with expected completion in 2022.
Pentagon City station has two underground side platforms serving two tracks. The station has four entrances from the mezzanine level, which runs under Hayes Street: entrances from the east and west sides of Hayes Street via escalator, a direct entrance from the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, and an entrance from the northeast corner of the 12th and Hayes Street intersection. The pedestrian tunnel for the latter entrance was built in 1984 but did not open to the public until 2018. Additionally, a provision exists at the station's south end for a future second mezzanine, with knock-out panels visible above the tracks on the station's south wall.
- "Metrorail Average Weekday Passenger Boardings" (PDF). WMATA. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Feaver, Douglas B. (July 1, 1977), "Today, Metro could be U.S. model", The Washington Post, p. A1
- "Sequence of Metrorail openings" (PDF). Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. 2017. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 12, 2018. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Staff Reporters (June 24, 1977), "Metro's newest stations: Where they are, what's nearby", The Washington Post
- Smith, Max (April 17, 2016). "New bus-only lanes open along Jefferson Davis Highway". WTOP.com. WTOP. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Blitz, Matt (February 23, 2021). "Pentagon City Metro is Getting a Second Elevator". ARLnow.
- Lemke, Tim (February 21, 2018). "Pentagon City Pedestrian Tunnel Now Open". dccommutetimes.com. DC Commute Times. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
Media related to Pentagon City station at Wikimedia Commons