|Affiliation||Augustinian Pre-Reformation Catholic|
|Groundbreaking||founded c.1189 (or monks founded 1120)|
Killone Abbey (Irish: Mainistir Chill Eoin), situated on the banks of Killone Lake some 3 miles south of Ennis, County Clare, was an abbey of Canonesses Regular founded in 1190 by Donal Mor O'Brien, King of Thomond and Munster and dedicated to Saint John.
The ruins of the abbey, accessible through land used for grazing cattle, are located in the grounds of Newhall House, and include substantial remains of the abbey church together with a crypt. A narrow (and somewhat restrictive) stone stairway leads between the altar and the east window to a ledge atop the remains of the south wall of the church, where an overview of the grounds may be seen with care (there being no safety features incorporated).
- "Cill Eoin/Killone". Logainm.ie. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- Ruins of Killone Abbey: